1 . To take up exercise: to start doing exercise
Example: I say I’m going to take up exercise all the time, but I always find an excuse to delay.
- To train hard: to train with a lot of effort
Example: An athletic has to train hard to achieve their goal.
- To do judo
To play tennis/football
Example: At the weekends I like to play football with friends, and sometimes I just do judo to kill my times.
- A strong swimmer: a good swimmer
Example: My father who is a strong swimmer teaches my how to swim.
- To get into shape: to become fit
Example: My brother do many exercises, which help him to get into shape.
- To keep fit: to stay in good physical condition
Example: I try to keep fit by consuming healthy food and doing exercise regularly
- To go jogging: to run around the street
Example: I usually go jogging with my mother in the park which is near my house in the early morning or in the afternoon.
- To set a record: to achieve best result in sport
Example: All athletics always want to set a record or get personal bests.
- Sport facilities: the equipment and services needed to do a sport
Example: My university spend a lot of money on upgrading the sport facilities.
- A personal best: to achieve the best result so far in sport
Example: Sara trains hard with the purpose of achieving her personal bests.
- Brisk walk: a fast walk
Example: Doing brisk walk is one of the best way to maintain our health.
- A big/huge/massive fan of: supporter or admirer who really like something
Example: I am a huge fan of football, and my favorite club is Real Marid.
- To be out of condition: to be not physical fit
Example: Lacking of doing exercise and playing sport can lead to being out of condition.
- An athletics meeting: an event where various athletics sports are held
Example: It has been my dream to go to an athletics meeting with my family to watch sports, especially football matches.
- A football match: a game of football
Example: I have never missed a football match of my favorite club.